JerseyMike

"Warren Weber bresnan.net" hiviewNO SPAM@ wrote in message

"JerseyMike" wrote in message
i have a craftsman air compressor i want to get off the floor and make
better use of that floor space. since the compressor's psi is set where

want it, the compressor can be up outta the way but what i want is to

run
air lines to each of the 3 bays in the garage, is there good way to do
this
w/o running hard pipe? the garage is 36x24 w/ 9'6" ceiling.

mike...........

Mike. I used HOT water pvc. 1/2 inch. I think it was rated at 600psi. I
glued all joints. Ran 2 outlets in garage and 2 in basement and one out
side. Did this about 5 years ago. Long run to basement is about 70 feet.
Warren

the 20gal,2HP compressor i have is maxing out at 110psi where i have it set.
what i was hoping to do is make a shelf for it high on the wall outta the
way and run a line over the top of the ceiling joists and have a drop down
coil (not retractable like a drop light) type airline for each bay. what
i'm wondering is should i run it down the center of the garage or should i
have connections at the front or rear of the garage instead. also if using
the HotW PVC, are there connections for the transition from PVC to metal.
another question, how well do the connections hold up coming off the
compressor from the vibrations it gives off when running?