G Henslee

JerseyMike wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

JerseyMike wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message

G Henslee wrote:

JerseyMike,

Black pipe allthough it lends itself slightly to condensation

(sweating)

is most common. Copper pipe with sweated fittings, K or L PVC is good
also. PVC is out and I believe banned by the Dept. of Labor There is a
product out called PVC Air Hose.

Correction, I made a typo in my second sentence. PVC is NOT good. As I
stated in the third sentence.

what is PVC air hose and what would be a good Dia. for hard

pipe....1/2"??

can galvanized pipe be used?? what should be put on threads.....pipe

dope

or teflon tape??

mike.........

Mike,

I ran across pvc air hose or pvc air line on the net a while back. A
google search should find it. IIRC it had a rating of 400 psi or close.
As for the 1/2" galvanized, sure you can use that. I would recommend
an air filter/regulator w/ coalescing filter at the beginning of the
line to deal with moisture. I prefer teflon tape for most jobs. This
one included. Give it a dozen or so wrap arounds.

i have a water seperator on the cpmpressor now, do i need to add another??

Mike,

The steel lines may sweat. Even if it may be slight overkill, to have a
water seperator mounted at each outlet would be good. They're not
extremely expensive or you could have it on a quick disconnect and you
can switch it around depending upon the outlet you're using at the time.
Keep in mind it should be level when in use. Also, the 1/2" pipe
volume should be sufficient up to 2 tools running at the same time.