GB

"RichardS" wrote in message

No, I think his point was that if you try and trim the door in situ with
one
of these saws (with the door closed so you know you're trimming to the
desired clearance) then you'll cut through the architrave and into the
door
frames before you finish the cut on the bottom of the door (the blade
being
circular and all that).

--
Richard Sampson

Thanks - that was indeed my point. I am sorry I did not make it clearer.

Sounds like you guys all have the door off its hinges and shortened before I
would even get to the hire shop to hire the door trimmer. I have several to
do, so i was just looking for the simplest way. Unless I come across someone
who has actually used one of these and can say it works well, I think that I
will just take the door off. Thanks, BTW, for the detailed instructions on
how to do that.

Regards

Geoff