Set Square

Default Bolier Control Wiring Query

Matthew Humphreys wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:00:13 GMT, (Lurch)
wrote:

I have my hot feed to AB, my CH is port A, the HW is port B (is
the OK)? (As I am writing this, I think the ports should be the
other way round?)

Nope, thats fine.

The connections for the wiring box a

Green Earth
Blue Neutral
White CH Call for heat
Grey HW off
Orange HW on (via the cyl sat)

Does this sound correct?

Yes.

No. I think your wiring fault is elsewhere in the system, assuming it
isn't a faulty component somewhere.
You might want to read these.
http://tinyurl.com/2dr9m
http://tinyurl.com/26hzu
Check the system through, with a test meter, for the correct voltages
at the right places.

Many thanks for that SJW.

Thanks for the links.

Looks like the plumbing is correct, perhaps I have a wiring fault
elsewhere.

Any ideas where to start?

If I call for heating only, the CH side of the pipework get hot.
If I call for both, both sets of pipework gets hot - if I lower the
seting on the tank stat the HW side of the pipework cools down.
If I call for HW only, both sides get hot, and adjusting the stat
switches the pump off so both sides cool down!

Does this help?

Thanks again,

Matthew

Check the wiring in your junction box. When hot water only is switched on,
pins 1 and 6 in the junction box should be live. When you turn the cylinder
stat up to a high temperature, pin 8 should be live (and pin 7 not live).
When you turn the cylstat down to a low temperature, pin 8 should cease to
be live and pin 7 should become live instead.

The boiler and pump (or just the boiler if the pump is connected via an
over-run stat on the boiler) should be connected to pin 8 - so the boiler
should fire when the cylstat is turned up.

Check these things, and let us know the score.
--
Cheers,
Set Square