Rich Shepard

On 2005-03-21, Bill Waller wrote:

I recently purchased the Rockler/JessEm Router Lift FX from my (kind of)
local Rockler store. After using my old, let's climb under the router table
and fumble with the wrenches and tweak the router's base adjustment (again,
and again) and going through myriads of scrap to get the exact level, the
new lift is just great. The best part was that my PC slipped right into the
clamp (without any adjustment) and I was off and routing.

Thanks, Bill. I intend to hang the router under an acrylic mount plate so I
can either remove it to make the adjustments, or I can build a hinged top to
make access easier. Looking at the manual for the PC 690LRVS I bought today
(factory rebuilt and at a good price because Black & Decker is closing the
local Porter-Cable/Delta repair center and merging it with the local DeWalt
repair center), I see that I can zero the bit on the work surface then open
the clip and rotate the body to adjust the bit depth in 1/128th-inch
increments.

I appreciate your input.

Rich

--