Matthew Humphreys

Default Bolier Control Wiring Query

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:00:13 GMT, (Lurch)
wrote:

I have my hot feed to AB, my CH is port A, the HW is port B (is the
OK)? (As I am writing this, I think the ports should be the other way
round?)

Nope, thats fine.

The connections for the wiring box a

Green Earth
Blue Neutral
White CH Call for heat
Grey HW off
Orange HW on (via the cyl sat)

Does this sound correct?

Yes.

No. I think your wiring fault is elsewhere in the system, assuming it
isn't a faulty component somewhere.
You might want to read these.
http://tinyurl.com/2dr9m
http://tinyurl.com/26hzu
Check the system through, with a test meter, for the correct voltages
at the right places.

Many thanks for that SJW.

Thanks for the links.

Looks like the plumbing is correct, perhaps I have a wiring fault
elsewhere.

Any ideas where to start?

If I call for heating only, the CH side of the pipework get hot.
If I call for both, both sets of pipework gets hot - if I lower the
seting on the tank stat the HW side of the pipework cools down.
If I call for HW only, both sides get hot, and adjusting the stat
switches the pump off so both sides cool down!

Does this help?

Thanks again,

Matthew