Jaggy Taggy

Well, before I would throw the reamers in the trash I called Enco and
explained to the sales lady that I was unhappy with the reamers, having
variations of up to .020. The said because they were imported the "exact
precision" was not like more expensive ones, but they would exchange them.

To make sure that I would be getting an improved version I asked what Enco
thought would be reasonable specs on adjustable reamers.

The lady was very accommodating and called around but only found out that
they had reamers which were to spec in the warehouse and they would send
those. I insisted to know what those specs were and after another round of
phone calls she said that there were no specs on those reamers.

In a way the reamers they sent me were ok then.

What did I learn??

First of all, if I am foolish enough to believe that a nice set of about 10
large bore reamers can be produced and sold for around $50 my greed
apparently makes me do really silly things, like order the set.

Then I spend about a total of an hour on the phone, go look for packing
material and prepare the stuff to be shipped back and then I hope I get a
refund.

Still no reamers.

Did anybody say you get what you pay for!?!?!

Uwe

On 3/19/05 3:31 PM, in article ,
"CarlC" wrote:

I'd say Enco quality beats the heck outta Harbor Freight. Quick
service.

But adjustable reamers? Save your money. As Art says, they end up
in the trash. Bite the bullet and order "over or under" individual
reamers. You will be a lot happier.

Carl

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:53:40 GMT, Art
wrote:

I bought one a ways back. The only thing it did well was p*ss me off.
Ended up in the trash.

Art

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:08:29 GMT, Uwe wrote:

I just received a set of adjustable reamers and while I do not expect them
to be as good as a chucking reamer I wanted to know from the local experts
here, what I could expect in variation along the length of the reamer.

The Enco stuff I got varies easily .010 if not more from top to bottom!?!?!

Drop Enco and buy swiss made from now on??

Uwe