Matthew Humphreys

Default Bolier Control Wiring Query

Hi everyone!

I have a Danfoss Controller (FP715) connected to a Honeywell 3 way
valve via the Danfoss wiring box.

I installed it a while back, but it is only now the days have become
warmer that I had spotted a problem.

If I, via the programmer, turn the central heating on, the rads get
hot.

If I turn the CH and hot water on, the rads get hot and the water is
heated.

Now that the warmer days are here, I only wanted the hot water heater,
with no central heating. Unfortunately both the hot water and
central heating are switched on!

This isn't really what I wanted to happen!

I have read, and re-read, the FAQ on 3 port valves, and can only
assume that I have wired it incorreclty.

Can anyone else who has a honeywell 3 port valve please confirm what
colour cable I should have where?

I have my hot feed to AB, my CH is port A, the HW is port B (is the
OK)? (As I am writing this, I think the ports should be the other way
round?)

The connections for the wiring box a

Green Earth
Blue Neutral
White CH Call for heat
Grey HW off
Orange HW on (via the cyl sat)

Does this sound correct?

From the FAQ (which makes me think I have the valve the wrong way
round).

Green/Yellow Safety Earth
Brown Not used.
Orange Go fully to 'B' when live.
Grey Live when at 'AB' or 'B'
White Go to 'AB' or 'B'.

If I have the valve the wrong way round, can I just swap the Grey and
white connections over?

Many thanks for your help, and apologies for my ramblings!

Matthew