Default WTK: Best way to moisture proof a basement closet

I am planning to build a walk-in closet in my basement, to be used for
storage of various items. My basement is currently unfinished, though I
had painted the walls with drylock to try and reduce moisture, which is
an ongoing struggle. I would like the closet to be as close to
"moisture-proof" as possible. I was considering using 2x4's for
framing, and plywood for wallboard (instead of sheetrock). As a vapor
barrier, I'm considering lining the entire closet with 6-mil plastic,
sandwiched between the plywood and the 2x4's. Has anyone tried using
6-mil plastic to prevent moisture from entering a closet? any feedback
is appreciated.