The Natural Philosopher

kmillar wrote:
is this really the best place to conenct

your new rad in to? I'd be inclined to connect back to nearer the main
'trunk' pipework rather than a branch

Yes, it is the main trunk, not a branch.

And I'm getting pretty good at the old solder joints now, but the
comments about water in the pipe is well worth noting - I hadn't
thought of that. So I'll do the link to the exiting pipework with brass
compression joints.

Thanks again all
-K

This wate in te pipe is a load of old malarkey.

If the pipes are horizontal the water will fall out anyway.
If vertical going down, open a valve somewhere and blow the water out.

Only time its given me serous trouble was trying to fix a leaking joint
in a system full of water.