Mich

Default Your thoughts on build standard of 1950s council houses

"Mich" wrote in message

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 00:01:59 +0100, Mark

I had a b*gger of a job selling the house btw. It was poured concrete and
built like the proverbial ( rock hard) but because it was "non

traditional
build" buyers had difficulty getting mortgages.
That coupled with the surveyors report which said wrongly that it had a
corroded frame. There was nothing wrong with the "frame" and to boot there
wasnt any evidence of there being anything wrong with its structure

either!

Be aware.

Having said all of that. In my experience most of the council houses built
in the 1950s are very well built and my house was lovely. large rooms and
garden and in a good location ( one of the best in town).

It was a good all round genuine house with no construction or finish
problems.
Certainly a far better buy than those new houses you get now.