Pat Barber

While any number of folks will tell you how much
cheaper it is to not buy a lift, or build your
own with a old chevy screw jack, I will say that
I grew VERY weary during a session of building a
set of doors and had to adjust the router height
at LEAST ten thousand times to get the correct cut.

The Jessem lift is expensive but ONE session using it
and one session of standing on your head with a pair
of bi-focals, trying to make very small adjustments
will bring you around to their way of thinking.

SPEND THE MONEY and save your sanity,back and eyes.

Rich Shepard wrote:

I am building a router table which will use the Porter-Cable 690 1.75hp
variable speed router, and I am pondering the wisdom of using a lift rather
than attaching the fixed base to the table insert.