John DeBoo

Derek Andrews wrote:

Joe Fleming wrote:

When I have had a chance to talk to tool vendors, they have often
seemed frustrated that they can't get the big names to try and/or adopt
their tools. Consequently, these tools often do not get the
endorsements that tool vendors would like.

I often get the impression that many new tools are designed to fix
problems that don't really exist. They are typically aimed at novices
who will gladly buy a new tool if they are told it will turn them into
a great woodturner. I have one or two such tools on my rack that have
been collecting dust since my early days.

Many of the new tools are designed to scam people for bucks period,
that's there intended purpose. The tool is important but even more so
it knowing how to use it, understanding it. As Gunny Hiway said in
Heartbreak Ridge "Overcome - Adapt - Improvise". Once you do that
you'll be able to tell if you really need a new tool or not.
John