GB

Default Door trimming saw

Have many people used the special door trimmer saws? Do you get a good
result? It does seem a neat idea compared to taking the door off its hinges.

Also, the only ones I have seen are circular blade types, and I would have
though they would not go right up to the hinge because the architrave would
get in the way. Do you have to finish off with a padsaw then?

If the only way to get a decent result is to to the door off its hinges then
that's what I'll do. Trouble is that I find it's usually quite a battle to
rehang the door afterwards.

Thanks

Geoff