JW

On 20 Mar 2005 14:11:17 -0800 wrote in Message id:
. com:

Hello everyone

I have the opportunity to purchase a 50" NEC plasma (model 50VP1, came
out about 3-4 years ago) for really short money. However, there is a
catch - the TV seems to have a bad power supply/board (shuts off after
15-30 minutes, then after it cools down starts again). The current
owner got a quote for $1000 to replace the power board. While that
seems a little high, I am wondering if there is a different route I can
take - purchase the part myself (maybe from an NEC authorized dealer)
and have a repair shop just put it in, maybe have the existing power
supply fixed etc. Any suggestions, feedback on that?

Sounds like a thermal overload. Have you tried cleaning the dust and dirt
from internal parts on the power supply, esp. heatsinked parts?