Doug Miller

In article , "Mike S." wrote:
I picked up a old Craftsman lathe last week, model # 149.23871. I got it
pretty cheap and appears to work ok. turned a few spindles on it with no
problems.
I ordered the manual from Sears and it listed a faceplate with a order # of
9HT23865. Sears doesn't carry this anymore and has no substitute for it. I
was wondering if anyone had one laying around they aren't using that they'd
be willing to part with.

If the headstock uses the 3/4 x 16 threads that most Craftsman lathes do,
Sears still sells faceplates that fit (although apparently with a different
part number). So do a lot of other places.

Even if it's some other diameter and thread pitch, you still shouldn't have
any problem finding something that will fit. Who says it has to come from
Sears? Google is your friend.

Here are a couple of places to try as a start:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/ca...aceplates.html
http://www.packardwoodworks.com - click Accessories, then Faceplates

--
Regards,