Ken Moon

"Arch" wrote in message
If some of my musings are considered to be (benign) trolls, as well they
may be, I am glad to have pried up three thought provoking responses,
thanks to Will, Hal and Joe.

I wish that all turning tools would come with smooth shank edges or all
lathes would come with hardened tool rests. Or should I be careful in
what I wish for?

Arch,
I attached a length of 1/4 inch M4 HSS to the top of my toolrest. Brazed at
end points, then filleted the area in center with steel reenforced epoxy.
Slick and durable. Some loss of hardness was probably incurred at the ends,
but not noticeable in use ... so far.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX