Dave

dave wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

I have posted a question from this Asian chef before and he wants me to
find an answer to his latest question....

I have tried a google on this and got so many look-ups as to totally
baffled.

Here is my/his question.

If he makes packets of Bombay mix in his house, how does he find out
what rules and regs he has to obey? (food hygiene etc.)
He tells me that he has a fully tiled kitchen, but without making phone
calls to his local authority (a different one to mine) I am at a loss to
advise him.

TIA

Dave

he will need to conform to the food safety act.

Thanks for that. I couldn't think of the act that regulated this.

he will need to be inspected
by the local authority. he will need to conform to health and safety at work
regs. he will have to read and write a food hygiene policy and display
notices. he may also have to have at least a basic food hygiene certificate.

Noted, thanks.

we serve tea and coffee with biscuits and I have had to do all the above.
it is getting to the stage where we don't think it is going to be viable to
stay in business due to regulations.

if you do a search for food safety act and read that to start with.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Dave (not the same one above though) :-)