Martin Angove

Default Ladders

In message ,
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"BigWallop" writes:

If you're rising up a ladder to seven metres you'll only get a small
section painted at a time. A lot of coming and going up and down the
ladder in my mind. Hire a cherry picker for the day and do the whole
thing properly and SAFELY !!!!

What sort of cost is that?
Someone used to park one down my road every night, but I haven't seen
it for a while now. Are they DIY, or you you have to get the company
to rig up the stabalisers, etc, as I could imagine one used by someone
who doesn't know what they're doing toppling over.

Just to say, cherry pickers can be great fun, but also very scary. I
used to drive a large (70ft boom) machine at a previous place of
employment. It was great because it had a huge stable base and needed no
stabilisers, you could drive it to site (private roads etc.) and get up
to the workplace without having to get down and set it up.

The scary thing was that the tyres made it rather "soft" and it bounced
around quite a bit as you moved the boom - particularly at full stretch
- as I found out while taking my "IPAF" licence test.

Not very good on uneven or sloping ground though...

....if you ever get the chance to have a go in a cherry picker, do so :-)
....but scaffolding may well be cheaper.

Hwyl!

Martin.

--
Martin Angove: