Mike W.

Exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Mike W.

"Darrell Dorsey" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Go he http://www.newwoodworker.com/dilindjiguse.html
for some more answers.
Also, there is a link for mounting the dial indicator in the miter slot.
I used something similar till I got a TSAligner Jr.
http://www.newwoodworker.com/dilindjig.html

Darrell

"Mike W." wrote in message
I was messing around with my relatively new and unused dial indicator
today to verify alignment of my table saw and came up with a few
questions. I DAGS and got some answers to my questions, but was wanting
to see if anyone could give me some more direct answers to the questions
below.

Here are the questions.

1) I have the Grizzly Dial indicator. I haven't figured out a good way
to mount it to the miter guage or any other fixture to use it for
checking the blade alignment vs the miter slot. What I have done so far
is to clamp the big bulky assmebly that comes with it to the miter guage
and to it that way... but that puts the indicator at an awkward angle
that is hard to read... and you can't get it closer than about a half
inch to the table. Anyone have any pictures as to how they mount their
dial indicator to something for checking alignment? I'm hoping to not
have to go buy a tool specifically for checking alignment. I planned on
building a jig for it, but figured I'd check here to see if anyone can
show me one that they built first.

2) When testing the blade alignment, tooth at front vs same tooth at back
I get just over .001" out of line which is good enough for me. But, if I
slide the guage along the blade the measuer varies in a range a little
over .002". Is that normal for a sawblade to have that much variation in
thickness or do you think it is the miter slot? I have a Forrest WWII
that cuts great, FWIW.

Thanks,
Mike W.