Andrew McKay

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:40:54 +0000, guv wrote:

I mentioned that there was a manhole cover situated on my drive, which
is just about 2 yards from the drain itself. Lifting that, reveals the
channels themselves are fine from above. There is no visible blockage,
nor any water visible. I should also add, that Ive now found out that
ours is the last house (of 5) that are served by the same pipes.
Obviously if there was water visible, the problem would have been
further down in a neighbours - but this isnt the case.

Get a bucket of water and chuck it in there. If it drains away rapidly
then the blockage is upstream of that manhole cover.

If it is upstream then a pressure washer could potentially be used
from this end and pushed upstream - make sure to check the garage end,
but my guess would be that the blockage is between the manhole cover
and the garage.

Andrew