chris French

In message , guv
writes
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:36:37 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

Its just come to my attention that I have a drain problem at the front
of my house.

What I would like to know is if this drain is actually my
responsibility given its on y property?

Unless there is a deed showing somebody else as the riperian owner of the
drain, you are responsible.

OK thanks. I did say I thought it was - though the roadworks part does
bring in some doubt as to where the blockage actually is!

It could be a problem out in the main drain in the road. Equally likely
ti could be a problem of blockage further down the drain on your
property. Failure to clear it with the 'pour down the drain' stuff
doesn't mean much, these are meant for clearing grease etc from waste
pipes etc. n really blockages from bigger drains.

The way to really is to use some drain rods -I imagine you can hire
them. These are flexible rods that you poke down the drain to dislodge a
blockage. If you can get it through you length of the drain then you can
tell if the blockage is outside your property

--
Chris French, Leeds