jim rozen

In article , Dave Mundt says...

Nature is a complicated and intricate process, and, alas
many humans are getting slightly too far away from the process...
which leads to irrational actions and general stupidity.

Possibly the best discourse on this subject I've heard yet.

Though, one might say humans are getting to *close* to it!

We encounter a lot of the animals such as bears and deer
because we're encroaching on their habitat. I bet the
tacky apartment dwellers you mention do complain about
about how many deer they encounter with their cars. No
wonder, they went and built their houses where the deer
lived!

Our cats stay indoors. They like to eat mice, so we are
rodent-free in the house, even in the fall, when the field
mice come inside. But the neighbors cat does stalk the
bird feeder in the front yard - and as you say the birds
there are smart enough to keep him from making a kill.

Mean time between failure for most outdoor cats around
here is about six months - on account of the busy street
right in front of my house.

Living in the city here, pets are not allowed by law to
run wild, so there's no need to call the animal control
guy (except the time I trapped a bat in the attic and
wanted it tested for rabies) because that's what he does
*all* the time.

Jim

please reply to: