Thomas Kendrick

Out in the country near what city and state?
My ISP is wireless line-of-sight. Too many trees and it does not work.
www.panaband.com
Give them a call regarding which technology they use in the system.
I have a local loop "radio" in my attic which is powered and converts
the coax signal to ethernet. The other end of the coax (about 30 feet
long) is attached to a line-of-sight antenna on the roof that is aimed
at their tower. That's the customer end.
I get 1124 down, 657 up at my distance from the tower. The speed
increases with proximity to the tower and size of the antenna.
The tower would probably need to be attached to the T1. How many other
potential customers are in the area?

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:31:49 GMT, Andy Asberry
wrote:

I'm out in the country. Only internet hookup is dialup or DirectWay
(been there, done that; not recommended). Connection speed is 26.4. T1
is available for $600 month.

Does anyone have experience with wireless ISP, either as a customer,
provider, technician or designer? I'm interested in the 2 to 5 mile
variety; not hot spot. I'm on the prairie. A 100 foot tower would
cover a 10 mile radius.

Groups to query? Links? Equipment suppliers?