On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:16:38 GMT, "CROQ" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:18:41 GMT, "CROQ" wrote:

wrote in message
news On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:41:40 GMT, "CROQ" wrote:

Howdy Folks,

I have a need to place a rubber liner in a steel 20' Dry ISO
container and
fill said bladder with 40,000 pounds, (640 cu.ft., or 4800 gallons)
of
fluid.

The fluid deal is a temporary
situation, I'd like to reuse the container later. The dry box is easier
to find here in KS than the Tank container. But if the walls are going
to blow out, I'll be going to plan B, an open top or C, have the fine
folks here spec me out a 20' tube to frame a 5' wall.

The right tool for the job isn't plan A or B.

Check into getting a tank ISO can in your area. You could likely
trade it back in to whoever sells them for a standard can after you're
finished with the water storage. Tell them what you're trying to
accomplish and they'll probably have a reasonable solution. They may
even just rent you one?

Good luck.

Thanks Longshoreman,

I will heed your advice on what not to use, however an ISO tank will not
work for my application. I need an 8'x20' rectangular tank with a minimum
of 4' of air space above the fluid surface. The ISO box seemed like a ready
made solution, guess I call an engineer Monday.

In that case perhaps you could ask the engineer if adding horizontal
support (think heavy I-beam or structural steel) to the sides of a
standard can would be feasible. They'd have to be welded at the
corners only, perhaps two per side at equal heights (?) between the
bottom and top of the water level?

The door side might be tricky, but it is already supported by the
locking mechanism, both horizontally and vertically. I guess you
could run the lengths wild and weld in the supports between them on
the door side as close as you could get to the handles/hinges.

Thanks again!

No problem. I've seen cans used in some interesting situations;
temporary, portable living quarters, walls for shops, boat house, bomb
shelters, just to name a few. Your project has piqued my interest,
please let us know what your solution is.

Longshoreman