jeffc

"Gary Stone" wrote in message
I am going to paint a small bathroom w/shower and the paint that is on the
walls now will come off if washed.

Huh? Any paint that comes off like that has to be totally removed, and you
have to figure out what's making it come off. Once you're down to solid
paint or some substrate (like good drywall), then...

1- Should I put a primer on the wall after washing them?
2- What type of paint? Flat, gloss, semi gloss? etc, etc?
3- As I have Multiple Sclerosis (Always looking to save my energy), is
there truly any such thing as a one coat paint?

Yes, there is one coat paint, and if you use a quality paint, and don't have
to paint a color like bright red, you can usually paint in one coat without
a primer (the paint itself acts as primer.) This type of paint is more
expensive though. But what is more expensive, paint that costs twice as
much that needs one coat, or paint that costs half as much and needs 2 coats
(so you need twice as much of it?) Obviously the more expensive paint is
cheaper in terms of labor. One such paint is Sherwin Williams SuperPaint.
There are others from other companies. I'd go with satin or eggshell in a
bathroom, or possibly semi-gloss if you like that extra shine (which I
don't).