Mike Halmarack

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:46:15 +0000, Andrew McKay
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:12:04 +0000, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

I just came out of hibernation and attempted to buy a variable speed
controller for my router from the only source I could find: Woodcraft.

I guess it might sound like a bad suggestion, but I wonder if it is
really worth the bother of purchasing an add-on to give your router
speed control?

In all seriousness you can get a half-decent router for £100 or less
(you'd pay a lot more for a good quality one obviously). And most of
the time I would think you'd want to wind the speed full up.

I would think a controller is likely to set you back £30+.

Just wondering whether buying a half-decent variable speed router
might be a better option for dealing with those situations where you
need to wind down the speed?

You could feasibly get shot of your existing router on ebay and buy a
new one complete with controller for roughly the same outlay I would
have thought.

Andrew

You're so right. I just have great difficulty parting with old tools.
The longer I have them the more difficult it is. Over 20 years for
this router it seems.
Every sensible option points to doing exactly what you say and putting
my existing router on eBay and getting a more appropriate one.
I wonder If I can bring myself to do it?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.