Mary Fisher

"Stefek Zaba" wrote in message
except that we had at last count 32
different ethnic groups. I think there are more now. I'd rather walk
around here than in one of the more sterile parts. There's always
something going on, always people around.

Indeed - there are a number of good small-scale music venues there, which
I'm relatively often going to, taking one of our teens to, or (swells with
parental pride) both ;-)

We haven't any teens - except grandchildren teens - um - five to date. The
other four haven't reached it yet and the oldest two soon won't be.

And just like Those Parts Of Town in the more famous cities of the world -
yer Sohos-n-Camdens, yer Rive-Gauche - there's plenty of artist-types
around who enjoy the edginess. And our cars are old enough to be parked
there with a relatively high probability of there being sthg more worth
nicking in front and behind ;-) Just not the best of places to linger
aimlessly - either because someone'll be along to part you from your
wallet/mobile, or because you'll be pulled in by the Vice Squad ;-)

That's never happened to me ...

On which topic, Stokes Croft features one of the more amusing bits of
street advertising: there's a "massage parlour" (yes, *that* sort of
massage parlour)

Oh! I don't think we have one of those! Sophistication hasn't reached
Chapeltown.

As Kenniff Williams nearly said - "irony, irony, they've all got it
irony"...

Not us :-)

But I still wouldn't be worried about going through Stokes Croft.

Mary