John

"Cuprager" wrote in message

SNIP

Thanks John,

I have had a look at the header info for 'Logan' it doesnt contain as much
information as say my header which includes things like client type,
'complaints to' etc etc. Is there a way that he is hiding this info? The
header does contain an ip address X-Trace. Will that be the IP of the
machine that he used to post the message?

I know this is slightly off topic but it is about usenet... so please
indulge me as i dont tolerate spammers very well )

GM

Depending on the cleverness of the spammer, the trace can be easy or
progressively more difficult. I don't profess to be at a high level in this
matter, having only posted the starting level instructions. There are a
number of sources for further information and automated spam complaining
software but most of these are viewed with deep suspicion.
Perhaps other group readers can take you further - anyone?