Andrew McKay

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:36:53 -0000, "James"
wrote:

It is a pity that tradesmen cannot charge a reasonable amount for small jobs
(reasonable in terms of the true cost), because the end result is that some
people are unable to get such jobs done at all. If there is a small job
beyond my DIY ability - say replacing a single tile on the roof - I know is
it is almost impossible to get someone to attend to it, yet avoiding water
damage inside for me would certainly be worth a 3 figure sum.

The issue here is stitching together enough of those small jobs to
make it work out. Charging a tenner a time is all very well, but
unless you can do 20 of them in a day it really isn't worth it.

Andrew