Derek Andrews

Tom Puskar wrote:
I just got the Bealle system and was wondering how fast it should be turning
during use. Do most users adjust the speed based upon the wood species or
is it just done by trial and error and feel?

I got both the three wheels and bowl/goblet buffs.

The recommended speed for the standard buff is 1700 rpm. The important
thing is the it runs fast enough to make the wheels stiff. As they get
smaller through wear I think they should run faster than this, but I run
them on a standard motor without any real problem.

Can't speak for the goblet buff.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com