Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
I think that is very good advice. If I were making some joints in a
rather inaccessible location where I couldn't be certain that I have
cleaned the pipe all the way round, or was unable to inspect the joint
either, I think I'd opt for compression fittings which I have done
before on some occasions.

Hmm. I'd like to be sure the pipe was clean and undamaged with compression
fittings too. And a scratch which might cause a problem with a compression
fitting won't with a solder type. Then there's the problem of tightening a
compression fitting in an inaccessible place.

Its not a case of being a real plumber at all, just horses for courses,
otherwise why do you think they still make 'em?.....

They allow dismantling.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.