1_Patriotic_Guy

Dave,
Thank you for the easy to understand answers and especially the straight
forward easy solution on the sensor and manual regeneration.
I don't intend to try my next idea now as my softener is generally
working, especially now that you gave me a cure for the regeneration
problem; but if I clean it in a few years, is it reasonable to remove and
open the resin tank to manually rinse out the resin cylinder and thoroughly
clean the beads, or is this a waste of time and more likely for me to break
something in the process.
Finally, how long should a softener last with proper care?
Thanks again, your help is outstanding.
Andy

"David Martel" wrote in message
link.net...
Guy,

Remove the sensor from it's place around or in the outlet(?) tube and
hang it on the side of the softener. It will still be hooked up but will

not
sense water flow since it is no longer positioned properly. Your water
softener will think you haven't used any water and so won't think the

resin
needs to be regenerated.
Twice a month hit the manual regeneration button. If the water needs

more
regeneration than every 2 weeks then do the manual regeneration every

week.
Don't forget to regenerate. If you do forget it takes a while for the hard
water in the water heater to go away.

Dave M.