Mark

simon beer typed:

Along with everything else that's been said, buy a bl**dy good blow
tourch. Not one from the sheds but go to the plumbers merchants. You
will wait all day for a crap one to heat the pipe. Get a "Turbo
Torch" or the likes and use the yellow tins (cast iron) of gas, think
it MAPP gas. Expect to pay around £45 for one and aroud the house it
should last you years. The £10 shed ones are ok for paint stripping
and that about all!

Odd, I keep a Camping Gaz torch in my toolbox for one off jobs, I works fine
even upto 28mm pipe.
You REALY don't need that much heat to do the job properly.