Luigi Zanasi

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:12:03 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"
scribbled:
"Teamcasa" wrote in message

Hehe. My wife will turn the thermostat *way* up, so that the house will
warm up to the desired temperature faster. I can't seem to explain that
the air coming out of the ducts is the same temperature when she puts
it at 82° as it is when she puts it at 72°.

Its a concept foreign to everyone of my employees! I have locked all
thermostats and I still find some set at 80° in the winter and 60° in the
summer.

Even after a lengthy and detailed explanation to my wife, she still thinks
it warms or cools faster!!

please let me know if you ever come up with a way to explain this to your
wife. i need it for my wife also. i have the exact same discussion every
winter.

Try the old landlord trick (which I learned from an electrical
contractor): Hide the real thermostat somewhere (like in the ceiling)
and leave a fake thermostat for people to play with.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html