Tim Killian

There is a slight taper at the front end for entering the hole. You have
to run the whole thing through to cut the full diameter. The adjustment
allows the sizes to overlap -- until the jam nut breaks.

Uwe wrote:

So adjustable means having a taper??

Uwe

From: "Robert Swinney"
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:36:43 -0600
Subject: Enco quality??

Uwe sez, trollishly, " The Enco stuff I got varies easily .010 if not more
from top to bottom!?!?!"

Duh! Could it be that is why they are called adjustable reamers?

Bob Swinney

"Uwe" wrote in message

I just received a set of adjustable reamers and while I do not expect them
to be as good as a chucking reamer I wanted to know from the local experts
here, what I could expect in variation along the length of the reamer.

Drop Enco and buy swiss made from now on??

Uwe