Tim Killian

In my experience, the import adjustable reamers are essentially
single-use, non-precision tools. The jam nuts are made of pot metal and
they will round off and fall apart after a couple of uses. the blades
are hardened, but as you found out, they may not be exactly straight.

But since they only cost 1/3 as much as the good stuff, perhaps it's not
a bad deal if you only need them occasionally. Enco is a strange outfit.
They're owned by MSC now, and sell many of the same products at much
lower prices.

Uwe wrote:
I just received a set of adjustable reamers and while I do not expect them
to be as good as a chucking reamer I wanted to know from the local experts
here, what I could expect in variation along the length of the reamer.

The Enco stuff I got varies easily .010 if not more from top to bottom!?!?!

Drop Enco and buy swiss made from now on??

Uwe