carl mciver

"Larry Fishel" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Just out of curiousity, what are you planning on firing out of it?

Nuthin'! I've already made a working mockup out of 8" cardboard tubing
to prove the concept to myself and my bosses. I plan on using the tubing
for a vacuum operated dumbwaiter for folks at work. We go up and down
stairs all damn day, carrying all manner of heavy tools and parts, and we're
all getting older and more beat up all the time. If I can hang one of these
things off side of the workstands, folks can avoid the hump at the beginning
and end of each shift. To get a better idea, think of a simpler version of
a vacuum elevator, which you can find out more by doing a web search for
that term. There's a handful of firms that all sell the same elevator with
a simple and failsafe design. I can do a lot simpler and smaller by not
putting people in it. I need the smoothbore to seal the vacuum around the
...... whatever you call a car in a dumbwaiter....