Leon

"Steven and Gail Peterson" wrote in message
link.net...
OK, I will admit to the assumption that a dryer has a higher amp rating
than a table saw. A 30 or 40 amp table saw would be a real monster. Like
a sawmill. I would go for a circuit breaker that trips near (but above)
the saw spec, so it does provide protection.

Steve

Are you going to change out all you circuit breakers to a lower amp also for
you lamps, TV, radio's, blenders, 110 volt tools, and such? They require
much less than the circuit rating. If anything a lower rated circuit
breaker is going to make the motor heat up more when under a strain because
it is not getting enough power.