CROQ

wrote in message
news
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:41:40 GMT, "CROQ" wrote:

Howdy Folks,

I have a need to place a rubber liner in a steel 20' Dry ISO

container and
fill said bladder with 40,000 pounds, (640 cu.ft., or 4800 gallons)

of
fluid. That would put the fluid approximately 4' up the wall.

I know I am within the general weight capacity, but can the sidewalls

take
that kind of pressure?

Not a chance.

The structural integrety of those are in the skeleton and floor.
Walls are basically there to keep the weather out. Containers
specifically for fluids are generally cylindrical for a reason.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/3krre

"Tank ISO containers have a cylindrical tank mounted within a
rectangular steel framework. These containers are built to the same
standard dimenions as other ISO containers. They are used to
transport liquid or bulk materials."

Longshoreman

Thanks for the info. What about the walls of an open top container? The
descriptions say they are for heavy, loose bulk material, coal, grain,
etc.. Does water fit in there somewhere. The fluid deal is a temporary
situation, I'd like to reuse the container later. The dry box is easier
to find here in KS than the Tank container. But if the walls are going
to blow out, I'll be going to plan B, an open top or C, have the fine
folks here spec me out a 20' tube to frame a 5' wall. Speaking of
which, what are the dimensions of the lower rails of these dry
containers?

Thanks again!