Mary Fisher

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

It's obviously a (relatively) high volume manufacturer so
can't be compared with freshly baked one-off pies well made at home.

No, they're tiny

Um, "Our pies are available through a growing number of pubs, bars, delis
and restaurants *nationwide*" (my emphasis but otherwise direct from the
website home page).

and very keen on their pie quality.

That seems to be true.

Obviously
distribution is never a good thing for food quality, but if you see
them with a travelling stall at a local Bristol event (where I found
them), give them a try.

As I say, we don't go to those parts.

But when we do travel - which of course is frequently - we take all our food
with us. I cook and bake on-site. We've been disappointed too often to risk
anything else, even when friends have recommended places to us. I suppose we
all have different expectations.

Mary