Dave

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:08:06 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
.. .
I've arranged an informal get-together for anyone who might be
interested in having a beer and/or evening meal. Wives/girlfriends
welcome. Jeans/tee-shirts are fine.

It's at The George in Winnersh:

http://www.readingrestaurants.com/the_george/

Dead easy to find.

If you know where it is ...

You would get on the M1, (although horse and cart is not allowed these
days) and head for civilisation. Broadly speaking, this starts south
of Watford......

....ooh, fighting talk ;-)

Once there, you turn right and make for God's own country. If you're
very good, leave your clogs at home and don't say "champion" too
often, somebody by the name of Andrew (there are a minimum of three)
will buy you a beer or Babycham if you prefer. Note that this is
proper beer - not the firefighting foam made by Tetley (who really
should stick to their excuse for tea) and which requires barmaids on
steroids to pull a pint.

I like a strong woman!

Take care to about the derivatives and futures traders in their red
braces and Porsches. They are direct descendents of Dick Turpin and
should be avoided. Despite what they might tell you, the streets are
not paved with gold, although we have now been polluted by Morrisons,
who seem to believe that we just want to buy pies.

Wots wrong with pies?