LL

On 13 Mar 2005 12:18:26 -0800, wrote:

Tony - I sold electrical products for over 40 years and was around for
the introduction of surge surpression. Basically a surge surpressor is
an insurance policy for electronics. You spend a small amount once and
protect an expensive piece of equipment. ALWAYS WORTH THE COST!

Just MHO,

Sadly true

Around a year ago the audible alarm in my SL Waber "wavetracker" began
to scream. A surge had come through frying a resistor and the zener
diode contained within, but the connected electronics didn't suffer at
all. My surge device died that the computer may live.

So yes, surge protection devices, the good ones at least, are worth
every penny you'll spend on it.

BTW, I got my Wavetracker repaired since Tripp Lite bought the Waber
company and immediately ceased production of what I think is one of
the best devices ever made for the task.