Gary Stone

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Gary Stone" wrote:

1- Should I put a primer on the wall after washing them?

Yes

2- What type of paint? Flat, gloss, semi gloss? etc, etc?

As others have said, semi or gloss as needed. Get a good paint for both
primer and finish coat.

3- As I have Multiple Sclerosis (Always looking to save my energy), is
there
truly any such thing as a one coat paint?

Yeah, but it is

a) expensive
b) sold in 5 gal buckets for industrial types of usage, where labor is
very high
c) works ok, but not as good as the old two coat (primer and finish)
method. With a two part method, you can touch up the primer coat as
needed if you miss any spots.

I'll add that you should get a quart can of "de-glosser" or "gloss
remover", which is a pre paint cleaner that removes any previous gloss
(semi or not), and cleans any oil from the hands off. Removing the
gloss roughens the old paint, allowing the new coat to stick better.
Clean off the old paint as best as you can, then use this stuff on a rag
as the final cleaning step.

Go to a paint store, such as Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams rather
than the big box store, as I'd trust their advice more.

OK, thanks to all for the advise. Will take the time and do it right with
the higher quality paints as I will be here (hopefully) a long time.

Stone