"simon beer" writes:

Along with everything else that's been said, buy a bl**dy good blow

tourch.
Not one from the sheds but go to the plumbers merchants. You will

wait all
day for a crap one to heat the pipe. Get a "Turbo Torch" or the

likes and
use the yellow tins (cast iron) of gas, think it MAPP gas. Expect

to pay
around =A345 for one and aroud the house it should last you years.

The =A310
shed ones are ok for paint stripping and that about all!

I use a flame-o-matic (?) propane torch bought from b&q or wickes & it
does the job just fine. Also I use bits of plasterboard as my flame
proof backing.