George E. Cawthon

Ron wrote:
I have 7 "Hunter Original" ceiling fans that i need oil for. The "fan"
oil is 3 dollars a tube, good for one fan.(At Home Depot)

It's just SAE 10 Wt Non Detergent oil but I can't seem to find any in
quantity so I don't have to pay the outrageous price of 3 dollars a
tube.

I was thinking about "3 in 1 oil" but it doesn't say what Wt it is or if
it's ND.

I was also thinking about pneumatic tool oil. Does anyone have any idea
what wt it is and if it's ND?

Maybe even an online fan site that sells it in quantity for a low price.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

A tube of oil for one fan? What you want is often
called Turbine oil, which is good for high
temperatures, low viscosity, and does not get
gummy, made for motors. Appliance manufactures
put their own brand name on it; one bottle I have
says "Maytag." Also sold as "Spout" or something
"..out." I've seen this stuff in 2-3 ounce
quantities in various places including Walmart.
(about $4) Can't imagine why you want much. You
only use 2-4 drops per electric motor of any type.
I've been using out of a 3 ounce bottle for
various things including motors and other bearings
for 30 years.

Don't use 3 in 1, it will get gummy. You are
probably right in suggesting pneumatic tool oil.
Course, if you want to go really high class, get
some clock oil which is probably the same as
Turbine oil.