Nige

In article , [news]
wrote:

Kevin Brady wrote:
This weekend I'll be practising with the capillary (end feed) joints. Thanks
for the help and encouragement.

On the same topic, part of the pipework will be buried beneath the floor
within a space I've left in the slab. The plumber suggests i simply lag the
pipe in grey foam before burying in sand/cement screed. For this purpose, I
don't want any joints down there. So do I

1. Use copper pipe, single length and bent at each end to come up the wall
either side of the room. Then copper fittings as already discussed.

OR

2. Use plastic pipe for this section, with plastic to copper adaptor each
end (accessible), then copper capillary from then on.

I'd go option 2 in that scenario. in fact, I'd go pushfit and plastic
everywhere
that couldn't be seen and avoid as many joints as possible. yes I can sweat
a joint up but since I don't do it everyday there's a good chance that when
the
water is turned on at the end of a tiring day, there's a leak and you have to
drain the system down and dry the joint out and sweat it up proper.

for the sake of a few quid I take the line of least resistance, every time.

RT

Couldn't agree more. Why anyone would bother with a blow-lamp or
spanner when they can use push fit joints is beyond me. The new copper
type don't even have the disadvantage of being bulky - though they
can't be dismantled. For the cost of a couple of pints, most jobs can
be completed in minutes without the worry, the mess - or the tedium.

NL