Kiwanda

"Stephen M" wrote in
:

Their pricing is certainly attractive, though I note they

say they're out
of
stock. How much did it cost to ship that beast? Their web

site was a
little
slippery about that. I live in NC if that matters.

It does matter. Email them or call them and they will get

you a quote. All
they need is your zip code.

I'm in "almost canada" New York. Shipping was $104. I

believe that this was
a 25% off shipping promotion. It *DID* include liftgate

service which makes
it a very good deal IMHO.

When I talked with Griz about liftgate service, they would

not guarantee
that is was available and they were not interested in

checking this out with
*their* choice of local carrier.

I recently got a similar quote from Wilke, about $115 for
shipping that jointer. I bought a Delta from Amazon instead--
they shipped it for free, first to a local freight depot, then
via transfer company to my house. I wasn't home when it
arrived, but transfer outfit put both pallets inside my
garage, just where I asked them to. Did I mention I ordered
the jointer Friday and it was in town tuesday, and in my
garage wednesday?

So while I looked at sunhill/yorkie/etc., I decided they were
overcharging on shipping to advertise low prices. Amazon may
be turning into walmart in some ways, but they've always been
great about getting me stuff quickly and for free.

-kiwanda