On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:41:40 GMT, "CROQ" wrote:

Howdy Folks,

I have a need to place a rubber liner in a steel 20' Dry ISO container and
fill said bladder with 40,000 pounds, (640 cu.ft., or 4800 gallons) of
fluid. That would put the fluid approximately 4' up the wall.

I know I am within the general weight capacity, but can the sidewalls take
that kind of pressure?

Not a chance.

The container will not be moved while loaded.

Oh yes it will. Parts of it anyway.

What say you?

The structural integrety of those are in the skeleton and floor.
Walls are basically there to keep the weather out. Containers
specifically for fluids are generally cylindrical for a reason.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/3krre

"Tank ISO containers have a cylindrical tank mounted within a
rectangular steel framework. These containers are built to the same
standard dimenions as other ISO containers. They are used to
transport liquid or bulk materials."

Longshoreman