Andy Minter

Default DIY Cooking

On 8 Apr 2004 06:21:22 -0700, (N. Thornton) wrote:

Hi

A wallpaper seam roller makes a decent pastry roller for situations
where the usual big roller wont do. Now I've got a lot of lemons to
zest, and it strikes me that a manual wood rasp would probably do a
much faster job of this than the traditional lemon zester.

Any other examples of DIY tools being good for cookery? I guess some
kind of saw would be good for boned meat, there's the blowtorch for
browning and caramelising, hammer and screwdriver for cutting up
frozen foods... any others?

Secateurs for cutting up poultry.

and Medical/Cosmetic
Pincers are good for removing hard skin and electrical side cutters
make excellent naile clippers.

--
Andy Minter